garson-wedding

Real Wedding: Robyn Hagle & Matthew Garson

Photos by Ron Wurzer

garson-wedding

 

NAMES Robyn Hagle and Matthew Garson LIVE ON The cusp of Capitol Hill, the Central District, and Madison Park OCCUPATIONS She works at a large law firm; he’s with a software company HOW THEY MET At a mutual friend’s cocktail party; they were the only straight people there, but it wasn’t a setup WHAT ATTRACTED HIM TO HER He immediately felt that he was talking to a best friend WHAT ATTRACTED HER TO HIM He remembered her name later in the night, so she knew he was paying attention—and she loved his curly hair and stunning eyes FAVORITE DATE A magical dinner at Matt’s in the Market for her birthday NUMBER OF WEDDING GUESTS 70 WEDDING WEATHER She focused on the 40% chance that it would rain, he focused on the 60% chance that it wouldn’t; in the end it was a cloudy but dry 70 degrees WEDDING THEME Whimsical garden party COLORS Pale pink, black, red, and ivory CULTURAL TRADITIONS OBSERVED They were married under a chuppah and broke a glass before the recessional as a way of acknowledging that life contains both happiness and pain RECEPTION MENU They wanted their guests to have options, so they went for a buffet-style meal; the soy-ginger wild salmon skewers were a hit FIRST DANCE “Marriage Is for Old Folks” by Nina Simone ADVICE FOR OTHER COUPLES Plan an event that will be as fun for your parents, grandparents, and extended family as it will be for your friends

namecardsgreene-wedding-cakevowstable-decorboutineerbrideguestsappetizers

Vendor list

CEREMONY AND RECEPTION Beau Lodge, Bow

PHOTOGRAPHER Ron Wurzer, Seattle

FLOWERS The bride’s aunts created all the floral arrangements

CAKE Pastry Chef Dana Cree of Veil Restaurant in Seattle made the cakes as a favor

CATERER Ravishing Radish, Seattle

INVITATIONS Mmm… Paper, Seattle

REHEARSAL DINNER CATERER Herban Feast, Seattle

GOWN Nordstrom

RINGS Hers: L T Denny, Seattle; His: E.E. Robbins

MUSIC/ENTERTAINMENT Emerald Forest Productions, Mount Vernon

TRANSPORTATION All State Limos, Seattle

HOTEL Skagit Ridge Hotel, Bow and Inn Harmony Guest House, Seattle